Science 5 – High School General Biology
Available September 1, 2020 – Beginning General High School Biology
- This is a complete PDF & Video Course.
- Faith-based approach.
- There are 144 lessons which include labs.
- There are 36 reviews and assessments.
- Text required: Exploring Creation with Biology 2nd Edition by Dr. Jay Wile; $60.00 @ bereanbuilders.com; for less on amazon, ebay, etc.
- It can be taken with OR without lab credit.
If you intend to make this a lab course, you will need the following from homesciencetools.com:
- Microscope $216.95
- Microscope Kit $61.95
- Dissection Kit 38.50
If you are doing this course as Curriculum Only either for Home School or for the Online School, there is an additional charge of $5.00 for each LIVE lab. For students enrolled in the LIVE ONLINE course, there is no additional Lab fee.
Topics for this course are:
- Biology: The Study of Life
- What Is Life?
- The Divisions of Biology
- Careers in Biology
- Preliminaries I
- Preliminaries II
- Kingdom Monera
- Kingdom Protista
- Kingdom Fungi
- The Chemistry of Life
- The Cell
- Cellular Reproduction and DNA
- Mendelian Genetics
- Evolution: Part Scientific Theory, Part Unconfirmed Hypothesis
- Kingdom Plantae: Anatomy and Classification
- Kingdom Plantae: Physiology and Reproduction
- Invertebrates of the Kingdom Animalia
- Vertebrates of the Kingdom Animalia
- From the Publisher – Exploring Creation with Biology is designed to be the student’s first high school science and is a college-prep course that provides a detailed introduction to the methods and concepts of general biology. Heavily emphasizing the vocabulary of biology, it provides the student with a strong background in the scientific method, the five-kingdom classification scheme, microscopy, biochemistry, cellular biology, molecular and Mendelian genetics, evolution, dissection, and ecosystems. It also provides a complete survey of the five kingdoms in Creation. Students who take and understand this course will be very well-prepared for a tough university biology course.