Music 100 – Singing, Recorder and Conducting 1 – Online
PDF & Supplies – For 8 & Up
• 25 minutes, twice a week
• Primary &/or Wee Sing Songs
• Instrument Lesson – Recorder 1
• Conducting 1
• Learning and Singing of 43 Primary Songs.
• Singing the 62 Wee Sing Nursery Rhymes & Lullabies Songs
• Learn to Play the Recorder, Part 1
• Review the notes
• Review Rhythms
• Learn Some Music Symbols & Terms
• Begin work with rhythm in the Conducting Lessons
For Primary songs, ONE or more of the following:
• The Children’s Songbook of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
• Access to churchofjesuschrist.org or a tape or CD of the songs so that the child can sing-along and learn.
• Scroll down to the page number you want and play the song – instrumental only or both instrumental and vocal. To choose
which you want, click on the ‘audio’ tab and make your choice.
For Wee Sing:
• Wee Sing Nursery Rhymes & Lullabies Book & CD (Amazon) $6.79
For Conducting I:
▪ Copy of the Conducting Course with CD or access through lds.org under music and conducting.
For Playing the Recorder:
• The New Nine-Note Recorder Method by Penny Gardner. See www.ninenote.com
• The Peripole soprano recorder. See https://www.peripole.com/items/view/1018
• Primary Songs & Conducting begin the first week.
• Wee Sing Songs begin the third week.
• Reorder Lessons begin the fifth week.
Practice Singing and Learn the Words of Primary Songs.
Learn the Beginning Lessons in the 9-Note Recorder Method
Learn Bit about How to Conduct Music.