Live Online Class 3
This class is primarily for ages 8-12 who are ready for upper elementary work.
- The New Testament – The Four Gospels: The Life and Teachings of Jesus Christ. Particular attention is paid to the character of each book, the difference the JST’s make, and the teachings of Jesus Christ.. 4 days a week.
- Language Arts reviews previous courses and continues with poetry, vocabulary expansion, reading of Children’s classic novels and biographies, including From Plowboy to Prophet. Writing and reading continues with book and other types of reports. Students not having had the introduction to grammar and mechanics in an earlier level will receive such instruction here. Includes Success and Study Skills 3. Spanish 2. 4 days a week.
- John A Widstoe Reading Club. Earn Rewards for the number of pages and the number of books read.
- Mathematics emphasizes review, plus fractions, decimals, percents and other skills and topics. The objective is to be ready for Pre-Algebra. 4 days a week.
- World History reviews the timeline by emphasizing the persons who made the history. 4 days a week, Fall Semester.
- US History emphasizes the great men and women of the us throughout its history, but with emphasis on those of the Founding Era. 4 days a week, Winter-Spring semester.
- Science involves learning a bit about engineering, chemistry and physics. Experiments and activities are included. 4 days a week.
- Forensics involves speeches and thoughtful discussion on various topics. Weekly on Fridays
- Assessment Times involves individual or group games that cover the main points of the week’s curriculum. Weekly on Fridays.
New Testament/ – $3.00 @ Deseret Book.com
From Plowboy to Prophet – 2000 Edition, Yellow, Green and Grey Cover – $9.95
Way to Be – Hardcover – $14.99
How to Be Good at Science, Technology & Engineering – $25.71 Hardback; $15.89 Paperback; Less used.