Live Online Class 1
This class is for Beginners or those who may need a refresher and are still within the ages of 4 through 6.
It is comparable to Preschool through 2nd grade.
What is taught is dependent upon the students enrolled.
- Book of Mormon Stories studied and used also as a reader.
- Reading- Phonics and Most Common Words through 2nd Grade Level. 4 days a week.
- John A. Widstoe Reading Club – Reports, oral and written. Awards for number of pages read; also for the number of books read. Reading log.
- Math – number sense, time & money, measurement, addition & subtraction through millions and billions, plus more. 4 days a week.
- History – A sense of World History from the Grand Council to today. 2 days a week, Fall semester.
- History – An understanding of the purpose and place of the US in history, our first obligation as citizens, and the American Alphabet. 2 days a week, Winter/Spring semester.
- Science – Basic understanding of Earth and Life Sciences. 2 days a week.
- Forensics Forum – Student learns to deliver basic speeches.
- Weekly Assessment Time – Student engages with others and answers questions relating to what was studied during the week. Sometimes this is done by teams, sometimes individually.
Seven Habits of Happy Kids – $10.50 new. Less used.
Book of Mormon Stories – $4.00 – $4.50- @ deseretbook.com or store.lds.org
Animal Alphabet Coloring Book by Dover – $3.99
America- a Patriotic Primer by Lynn Cheney – $16.99 hardback; $8.99 Paperback
SuperMind – Original Edition: $19.60 – Puzzle Blocks, Spatial Reasoning For Math