Language Arts 9: Research & Reporting or Journalism and Debate
PDF & Video Not Yet Available
Senior High types are well-advised to learn about journalism and debate. Both involve integrity in research and reporting.
Those who take this or courses of like ilk all well-prepared to act in the public sector to extoll the virtues of causes they support and expose policies which they abhor.
Prerequisite to taking this course is passing the Basic English Competency Exam located at Language Arts 5.0 within the PDF and Video Access.
Research and Reporting or Journalism and Debate, contents:
• Review of Previous Work – Exam to assure the student’s knowledge of basic conventions of English.
• Work on not-yet-mastered items.
• AP Style Book
• Journalistic Writing
• Report Writing
• Opinion Writing
• Oral Reports
• Preparation and Presentation of BOTH Sides of a Debatable Issue
– High School Journalism: A Practical Guide by Jim Streisel $29.49
– Competitive Debate: The Official Guide by Richard E. Edwards, PH. D. $17.59
– AP Style Book: 55th Edition $16.79