Language B – Level 2 – Third Course in the Learning to Read Series
Available Soon. Found in Language Arts & Kindergarten areas. Reviews concepts and skills learned in Language A and adds more as detailed below. For ages 5-7 and older. 180 Lessons
- Primarily for those who want a to learn or to receive a thorough review of the basics of reading, penmanship, mechanics and grammar.
- Useful for remedial purposes.
- Also useful for the extra bright student as the pace is faster and the learning more extensive.
- NOT as good a reading foundation as Language Arts A. THOSE WHO USE THIS COURSE should also use the phonics, word, and reading grids in Language A.
- Resources Required: Library Card and a Subscription to the Friend.
- Reading basics: Beginning and advanced phonics
- Penmanship – Manuscript & Cursive
- Consonant blends
- Literature basics
- Basic Speech types
- Extensive Grammar – Parts of Speech, Diagramming
- Basic Mechanics
- Spelling through all 29 Rules
- Most Common Words – Sight Words through 1000
- Considerable Reading and Comprehension work.
- Accent Rules
- Syllabication Rules
- Beginning theater