Language Arts 3 – Advanced Reading and Writing with Children’s Literature
- This course zeros in on vocabulary expansion and reading fluency through the reading of Children’s literature.
- Spelling reviews the rules as well as the new vocabulary words encountered in the reading.
- Texts include: From Plowboy to Prophet – Purchase through amazon
- and Everyday Graces: A Child’s Book of Good Manners by Karen Santorum – Purchase through Amazon
- Different types of speeches, reports and writing are also introduced.
- Grammar and mechanics are reviewed to keep the rules and conventions fresh.
- Special attention is given to analyzing and writing poetry.
- Spanish 1 course is included.
The latter text is used for two years, levels 3 & 4, in the Ascent Advantage reading Program as it contains a wealth of excellent literature from all over the world and of many types and genres. It has many excerpts from larger works and is intended to also wet the appetite for the a full reading of the entire works.