History 11 – Readings in American History
New Line-Up 2022 – Post High School Honors 1 – PDF & Texts with discussion among participants as can be managed.
Excellent and Highly Recommended for Parents, and Grandparents, as well as youth.
This is a somewhat self-directed course on the home school level. In our online school and classrooms it is managed as a “Great Books” class where students are assigned to read a certain portion, and then discuss it with the aide of an instructor or class mentor.
• Examining the Foundations and then the current state of American society with a view to how to bring it back in correct focus.
• Reading, absorbing, and discussing the following texts.
• Part One: Reviewing the Foundations – 531 pages; 8 weeks.
◦ America’s Providential History with Biblical Principles of Education, Government, Politics, Economics and Family Life (Revised and Expanded Version), 2020 – $24.95 at Amazon.com
▪ America’s Providential History – A Source Book, $17.95 new; as low as $12.80 used at amazon.com
▪ America’s Providential History Teacher’s Guide, $15.95
• Part Two: Divine Interposition, Remembering Who We Are – 12 weeks, 848 pages
◦ The American Miracle: Divine Providence in the Rise of the Republic, Michael Medved, $18.00 new; $3.21 & up used.
◦ God’s Hand on America: Divine Providence in the Modern Era, Michael Medved, $10.43 paperback at amazon.com
• Part Three: Recognizing Where We Are – 6 Weeks – 408 pages
◦ Our Lost Declaration: America’s Fight Against Tyranny from King George to the Deep State, Mike Lee, $12.60 new; $2.00 & up used at amazon.com
◦ Our Lost Constitution: The Willful Subversion of America’s Founding Document, Mike Lee, $11.99 new; $1.35 & up used at amazon.com
• Part Four: Facing the Problems & the Solutions – 532 pages, 8 weeks
◦ United States of Socialism: Who’s Behind it. Why It’s Evil. How to Stop It, Dinesh S’Souza, $14.99 new; $2,82 & up used.
◦ American Marxism, Mark R. Levin, $14.00 new; $9.31 & up used at amazon.com.
• Part Five: Putting It All Together – Determining Our Path – Discussion – 2 Weeks
• Turn-in Journal(s) for grading. Notes should be insightful and prolific.