Geography 200 OR – More on Mapping & The US by States, Pt 2
36 Week course. Second one for early elementary age.
- To learn more about the geography of the United States and specifically the individual states by using a book, the internet, and map-making.
- To solidify state locations, names, and capitals.
- To begin United States’ Notebook.
- Internet Access
- National Geographic Kids: Beginners’ United States Atlas – Used i the previous course.
- Our 50 States: A Family Adventure Across America – New & used on amazon.
- 1″ – 1 1/2″ Viewbinder with 56 sheet protectors and adequate notebook paper for US States Notebook.
- Colored pencils, copy paper, etc to make accurate state maps.
- Review “50-Nifty” song learned previously
- Review and learn the names, locations and capitals of the 50 states.
- Study each state for 2-3 days, using atlases, video, and map-making
- Notebook entry on each state includes: name, what the name means, nickname, date admitted to the union and rank, area rank, motto, capital, largest city, state bird, state flower, state tree, famous persons born in the state or interacting with it, famous places including national monuments and parks, products, and more.