Geography 100 OR – Mapping Our World
This is a full 36 week course. For early elementary students.
- To review and keep current the previous geography course – Units 1-8.
- To learn more about maps.
- To learn basic landforms and features.
- To learn more about the geography of our world.
- To learn more about the geography of the United states.
- National Geographic Kids Beginners’ World Atlas
- National Geographic Kids’ Beginners’ United States Atlas
- The Complete Book of Maps and Geography – Grades 3-6
- Review – Play games played in previous course to keep Geography knowledge current.
- More on Maps – Floor Plans, Map Keys, Map Routes, Compasses, City, State and National Maps, Map Scales, Population Maps
- Other Kinds of Maps
- Map Project
- Memorize state abbreviations and all fifty sates through song.
- Learn geography and a brief history of each stat.
- Study of the Americas
- The Grid System
- 144 Lessons; 36 Review – Test Days.