B,D&C, PofGP 6: The Old Testament, Part 3
For students 12 & up or really good readers.
- Proverbs through Malachi
- To get a sense of the overall story and message of this portion of the Old Testament.
- Learn about the various books and selected persons.
- Highlight passages of personal interest.
- Journal impressions, insights, feelings, likenings.
- Student memorizes 9 additional scripture verses or passages that have particular meaning for him.
- Increase in vocabulary knowledge and reading ability.
- Markable copy of the Bible
- Scripture highlighter that does not bleed through to the back of the page. HINT: Colored pencils are good for this.
- Index cards for vocabulary words, memory verses, important facts.
- Journal for impressions, insights, etc.
- Highlighted copy of the Bible: Proverbs through Malachi
- Recitation from memory of the student’s 9 personally selected scripture memory verses.
- Memorization of important facts relating to the books read and selected persons in the books.
- In a well-written essay, be able to give a synopsis of the contents and your insights from reading Proverbs through Malachi.
- Memorize the books of the Old Testament in order.