B, D&C, PofGP 8: Feasting Upon the Words of Christ Year Round Scripture Study with a Marathon read of the Book of Mormon
For those students wishing a year round Scripture study experience. Recommended for parents, and for students age 11 and up.
- Requires reading a portion of the Book of Mormon and one other Scripture daily.
- Many Helps, Hints, and Recommendations on how and what to do to succeed in reading ALL the Standard works through in 364 days – and the Book of Mormon 1 1/2 times within 364 days.
- Includes an initial marathon read of the Book of Mormon. Marathon reads involve reading the selected book through within a shorter period of time, from a few days to a week or two, depending upon the Scripture being read. Marathon reads give impressions and a ‘bird’s eye view’ of the particular scripture and its message: a very worthwhile endeavor .
- Proverbs 13:19 states: “The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul.” So it will be with the satisfaction you will feel in yourself when you have finished this year study of the scriptures. And, YOU will have gained tremendously in Scripture and gospel knowledge, and in becoming more like Christ.
- Copies of the Standard Works: Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price
- Journal to record impressions, insights, etc.
- A coy of the course download.
- A quiet, solitary place to read, study, pray and contemplate.
- An hour or less a day, depending upon your reading ability and the effort you wish to put into the course.