Art 10 – Artists and Their Techniques, Part One
Now Available – PDF and Book Ages 4-6 Preschool Level
- This course uses the Art text: Art Lab for Little Kids, available through amazon.
- The first unit of the book is for the parent.
- Units Two through Six contain the 52 Art Labs.
- These labs are suspended periodically throughout the course to allow for quarterly craft projects and four weeks for special holiday art for: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines, and Easter.
- For the student to experience 52 different art forms, techniques and media.
- For the student to learn about the artists and their works.
- For the student to learn four new crafts.
- To enjoy the art experience.
- Course book as above and this syllabus.
- Three-ring viewbinder with sheet protectors for Art Notebook explained below.
- 3” x 5” colored and white cards as per the Beehive Brain Box Learning System.
- Art Supplies as listed in the various labs, crafts and holiday projects.
HINT: LOOK AHEAD to see what is coming-up and what you will need. Look ahead at least four labs just in case you have to order some of the supplies.
- 144 Lesson Days
- 104 Art Lab Days
- 24 Craft Days
- 16 Holiday Project Days
- Four Day Lesson Weeks, plus Weekly Friday Rs.
- Each section of 26 Art Lab Lessons is followed by 6 days allotted to a Craft Project.
- Holiday allotments. These may be used near the holiday:
- Halloween – 1
- Thanksgiving – 2
- Christmas – 3
- Valentines – 1
- Presidents’ Day – 1
- Easter – 2
- Mothers’ Day – 1
- Father’s Day – 1
- 4th of July – 2
- 24th of July – 2
- Final involves being able to identify artists and their works, plus the technique.