Art 2B – Big Basic Art – Murals, Portraits & More – Now Online
PFD Syllabus ONLY. Approximate Ages 5-8, although older students like this one as well and can learn much from it.
This course covers self and family portraits, mural-making and a review of color. The vast amount of work in mural-making helps to strengthen the fine muscle control needed in Music and Language Arts.
• To learn how to draw BIG.
• To discern a pattern and not put two of the same color next to each other or two of the same shapes next to each other.
• To learn a bit about portrait-making.
• To learn what a mural is.
• To have fun making a variety of murals.
• To learn the various concepts of doodling.
• To review color mastery.
• 40′ of butcher paper or the like
• water colors
• finger paints
• 20 – 8 ½ “ by 11” inch sheets to put together for larger works or use for
• Black marker – medium to broad tip
• Colored Pencils
• Finger paints
• 3 items of different smell
• 4 items of each type of tastes – sweet, sour, bitter, salty
• 3 recordings of music – fast with strong beat, slow and melodic and one of
• Paints for mixing – finger paints do mix well – NOT water colors. Try
tempera or acrylic paints for mixing.
• Circle templates – coins, glasses, bowls & plates.
• Pack of multicolored construction paper – 8 ½” x 11” or 11” x 17”
Use of Art Lessons:
The 36 Art Lessons herein are given every other day or two days a week, or can be spread-out over the course of a year. They are specially designed for fun exploration, plus further development of fine motor skills in preparation for handwriting.