Art 1 – Basic Art Course
Now Available – PDF Original Course
180 Lessons – Can be done in a year, ore spread out over two. Good for Ages 4-6.
The Art 1 Course covers learning
- Basic shapes
- Basic Colors
- Finger Painting Techniques
- Water Color Techniques
- Crayon Coloring Techniques
- The Basics of Mosaics
- The 5 Basic Elements of Shape
- Creating Clay Figures
- Understanding “quad’, “tri”, “angle”, and “lateral”
- To know the above
- To be able to demonstrate the above
The following will be required at some point in the course.
Supplies are listed in order of use.
- Imagination and creativity.
- Ingredients to make finger paint at home (Recipes included) OR
- Commercial Finger Paint in Red, Yellow and Blue colors
- Finger paint or freezer paper
- 5” x 8” Index cards
- Containers to hold homemade finger paint
- Smock or Dad’s old shirt
- Table coverings – newspapers, old vinyl table cloth, etc.
- Bowl for holding water in which to moisten and rinse hands.
- Paper towels.
- Black Marker
- Commercial white and black finger paint.
- 2 White poster boards
- A small pack of crayons –
- Colors: Blue, black, red, yellow, white, green, orange purple.
- Picture to color (Supplied)
- Tooth picks
- A piece of old terry cloth about the size of a wash cloth
- 2 Sets of Crayola Washable Water Colors – with 8 colors and brush
- Pictures to color (supplied)
- Water cup for rinsing the brushes
- Two or more additional brushes – small, pointed; medium, and ¼”
- Tablet or pack of individual art paper.
- A Variety pack of Colors of Construction paper – 8 ½” x 11”
- Elmer’s glue or school paste
- Colored and painted shapes from the course.
- Old Magazines
- 2 Boxes of Crayola or Prang clay in colors – try for eight colors