Government 4 – Constitution Reprise II, Stake & State Government
Now Available – PDF Only
SUPER COURSE – Highly Recommended
Here, we delve a bit more deeply into the Constitution, reprising what we have already learned about it in Government 2 and 3.
Then, we learn about church government, this time looking at the Stake level.
Finally, we learn about state governments.
Former memorizations are also revisited.
• To review the history surrounding the why and how of the US Constitution.
• To learn a bit more in-depth about the Constitution and what a constitution is.
• To keep current the memorizations of the the First Amendment, and the Preambles
to the Declaration & the Constitution.
• To review the structure and content of the US Constitution.
• To use our outlining skills to extract the facts.
• To learn the responsibility of Latter-day Saints as to the laws of the land and to the Constitution.
• To begin a US Officials Notebook for reference purposes.
• To learn about the government of the stake, and who’s who.
• To learn about the student’s state government, and who’s who.
• To begin a State Officials Notebook for reference purposes.
• Downloads Government 4 & Reference GOVT 2 & 3
• Text: What Are the Three Branches of Government? And Other Questions About the U.S. Constitution (Good Question!), by Benjamin Richmond, available at amazon for $5.95 new; used copies available for less.
• Cards & supplies for the Beehive Brain Box Learning System. (Study Skills 2)
• Two binders – viewbinders preferable, with adequate dividers for each public official you will be learning about. (Use an eight pack for each binder.)
First Semester –
1 – Questions About the Constitution
• Days 1-26, Lessons 1-21 plus Weekly Rs
2 – Latter-day Saints’ Responsibilities in regard to the Constitution
• Days 27-45, Lessons 22-36 plus Weekly Rs
3 – Who’s Who in Washington?
• Days 46-74, Lessons 37-56
4 – Preparation for Final & Final – Days 75-89, Lessons 57-68 plus Weekly Rs
Second Semester –
1 – Stake Government
• Days 91-110, Lessons 69-84, plus Weekly Rs
2 – State Government
• Days 111-139 & 171-180; Lessons 85-108 & 133-140, plus Weekly Rs
3 – Who’s Who in State Government?
• Days 141-170, Lessons 109-132, plus Weekly Rs
4 – Preparation for Final & Final – Days 171-180; Lessons 133-140, & Weekly Rs.
Lesson Format: Constitution Reprise II Section
• Review Cards – including those from previous courses, especially these facts:
• Dates of the Constitutional Convention
• Date the Constitution was signed
• Date the Constitution was ratified (Became Law.)
• Structure of the Constitution
• Articles of the Constitution & what each is about.
• Memorization of the Preamble and the First Amendment
• Why the First Amendment is so important.
(Government 3 – Days 18 & 19, Lessons 15 & 16)
• Memorization of the Declaration Preamble
• Why of the Constitution
• How of the Constitution
• The Great Compromise
• The Three Governing Councils of the Ward & Who is in them.
• The type of community in which you live and its government –
• The second type of local community in which you live and its government –
• Look up and card any bold words
• Work on learning the Constitution Timeline, page 32.
• Read the selection.
• Outline each selection; then card as directed.
• Work on learning the facts.
• Lesson duration – 15 to 25 minutes
Lesson Format: Stake Section
• Review Cards as given under Constitution Lesson Format above.
• Read Lesson
• Card as directed
• Learn facts / Do the activities.
Lesson Format: State Government Section
• Review Cards as given above under Constitution Lesson Format above.
• Read Lesson
• Card as Directed
• Learn the facts / Do the activities.
• Is set-up for a 36 week; 180 day course.
• Lesson particulars are in the grid.
• Follow the Lesson Formats immediately above